After waiting two hours for an Exchange cumulative update which was stuck in step 8 or 18 (the language setup), I checked the processes and noticed that the Exchange update task was barely registering any CPU usage (.01% sporadically). I did notice however, that the anti-virus software task had a very high CPU usage rate.

I proceeded to disable the AV software’s live scanner temporarily and sure enough, the Exchange CU task began utilizing 10% CPU and the progress bar started moving along.

The Exchange cumulative update finished shortly thereafter.

1 Comment

  1. Kenneth

    Reply

    Thanks for your post it saved me form forcing the update to close as nothing was responding, I paused Anti Virus and its modules and after 2 minutes it resumed

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Sorry, copy/paste is disabled
Skip to content